Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Ability to Capture

You know, I am sure people get tired of my constant social media posts of my adorable child. However, I feel like it is simply unfair of me to keep his sweetness all to myself.
 I am REALLY doing the world a favor. ;) That's what I am telling myself.

It is such a gift to be able to snap pictures of him any time I want. Have you ever thought about people in third world countries that have beautiful babies that they adore just as much as I adore my sugar and don't have a way to document them. No way to remember when they were new. No way to remember the first smile or the first bath. No way to be reminded of just how small they once were.

What a gift we have.

I have spent time in one of these places with a mother who did not have printed pictures of her babies. I was with her when she was pregnant with her third child and she was ELATED for me to snap a picture of her perfect belly as God knitted together life inside her.
I was able to send her the printed pictures when I returned to the US and her reaction was pure joy and gratefulness according to the missionaries that were there. I cannot imagine not having a single picture of my belly as a miracle was growing inside or a single picture of my sweet boy as he grows.


I am so blessed to have the ability to capture my baby as he changes everyday.







post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment